What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing concepts have been around for ages. Hundreds of years ago, women gave birth in a supportive environment, often attended by other women who were experienced in labor and birth. Free of fear and confident in their own bodies, women birthed their babies into the world calmly and easily. HypnoBirthing helps women release modern fear-based myths about birth and begin to learn the techniques that will help them give birth peacefully and free of the fear and tension that can cause pain.
Developed by Marie Mongan, a mother, grandmother and hypnotherapist, HypnoBirthing was developed over three decades ago. Since then, many women, including Kate Middleton, Jessica Alba and Angelina Jolie, have used HypnoBirthing techniques to birth their babies. Karen was certified by the HypnoBirthing® Institute and is excited to share the HypnoBirthing concepts and techniques with expectant mothers in NC.
The Benefits of HypnoBirthing
- 50% fewer epidurals
- 45% reduction in cesarean section births
- Shorter labor by an average of 3 hours
- Decreased use of artificial induction
- Fewer pre-term and low-weight babies
- Reduction or elimination of fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake and with energy for the birthing
- Happier and more content mothers and babies
- More alert babies who are able to nurse almost immediately
- Special bonding between the mother, baby and birthing companion
- Fewer cases of postnatal depression
- Faster recovery after labor
- Active role for birthing companion
- Ongoing skills in relaxation and self-hypnosis to manage everyday stress
Classes teach expectant mothers to use deep relaxation and self-hypnosis to work with their bodies to aid in the birth of their babies. Birth companions take an active and important role in helping the mother and baby on this powerful journey. And the best part? HypnoBirthing techniques can be used throughout one’s life for relaxation and clarity – important skills for parenting at any stage!
HypnoBirthing – the Mongan Method consists of 5 classes, each 2 1/2 hours long. This is the only birthing class you will need – we review a birth plan, stages of birth, nutrition, optimal birthing positions and self-hypnosis scripts that you practice before the birth. Classes include the book, HypnoBirthing- The Mongan Method, as well as 2 relaxation cds. Class schedules are below. Classes are held at Magnolia Birth Center, located at 2122 Enterprise Road in Greensboro, and tuition is $275 per couple. Private instruction is also available at a cost of $450 per couple.
HypnoBirthing Reminder Classes
If you used HypnoBirthing classes with a previous childbirth and would like a review for your current pregnancy and upcoming labor, contact Karen. She can personalize a shortened program to remind you about key concepts so you are prepared for another wonderful birth experience.
Winter 2019 Session: Jan.6, Jan. 13, Jan. 20, Jan. 27 and Feb. 2 3-5:30 pm. Register here.
Contact Karen at KLHornfeck@gmail.com or via phone at 336.908.4458.